[DEOC] Job Posting: Manager of Inclusive Excellence and Belonging at CPTC

Valencia, Iesha Iesha.Valencia at cptc.edu
Wed Aug 10 15:31:58 PDT 2022

Hi DEOC Fam,

I'm excited to share that I am recruiting for a NEW position that will provide leadership, direction, and guidance for the development of a comprehensive antiracism training program for staff, faculty, and degree-seeking students. This position will provide college-wide learning and tools to address matters related to racism, equity, diversity, and inclusion. The Manager of Inclusive Excellence and Belonging<https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/cptc/jobs/3627848/manager-of-inclusive-excellence-and-belonging> will also develop a new in-depth identity-based programmatic offering designed to support student success efforts for underrepresented groups, beginning with a focused effort with and for our Black and Brown men. This position will build upon the efforts of culturally appropriate outreach, recruitment, retention, and completion for underrepresented communities.

The Office of Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (O-EDI) is committed to increasing its cultural diversity with an emphasis on eliminating equity gaps, bringing us closer to meeting the current and future needs of our diverse students. CPTC serves a diverse community of students, including 51% degree seeking students of color. We strongly encourage members of historically marginalized groups, people who identify as Black, African American, Indigenous, Pacific Islander, People of Color, and individuals who are bi-lingual or multi-lingual to apply<https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/cptc/jobs/3627848/manager-of-inclusive-excellence-and-belonging> for this position.

This position will be a part of O-EDI and will collaborate with, and report to, the Associate Vice President for EDI and O-EDI staff. This position is perfect for someone who approaches EDI from an intersectional lens and is eager to work at community and technical college. Not only will they get to work with an incredible professional staff team, they will also have the opportunity to hire their own student leadership team and be a part of creating something new with dedicated resources and institutional support.

I would be happy to connect with anyone who is interested in learning more about this position.

In Community,

Iesha Valencia (she,her,hers)
Associate Vice President for Equity, Diversity & Inclusion
Office of Equity, Diversity & Inclusion
Bldg 17, Rm 210 iesha.valencia at cptc.edu<mailto:iesha.valencia at cptc.edu>  | 253-589-6063
4500 Steilacoom Blvd, SW | Lakewood, WA 98499