[ctcLinkfinaidsupport] SYSTEMWIDE MESSAGE: Pronouns and Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (SOGI) Available in ctcLink Employee Self-Service as of March 10, 2023
itmail at sbctc.edu
Fri Mar 10 14:32:35 PST 2023
Date: March 10, 2023
Admissions and Registration Council (ARC)
Advising and Counseling Council (ACC)
Articulation and Transfer Council (ATC)
Baccalaureate Leadership Council (BLC)
Budget Accounting and Reporting Council (BAR)
Business Affairs Commission (BAC)
Committee for Accessible Technology Oversight (CATO)
Continuing Education Council (CEC)
Council for Basic Skills (CBS)
ctcLink College Leaders Points of Contact (PoC)
ctcLink Support List Campus Solutions (CS)
ctcLink Support List Finance (FIN)
ctcLink Support List Financial Aid (FA)
ctcLink Support List Student Financials (SF)
ctcLink Support List Human Capital Management (HCM)
ctcLink Working Group
Data Governance Committee (DGC)
Disability Support Services Council (DSSC)
Diversity and Equity Officers Commission (DEOC)
Ed Tech Advisory Group (ETAG)
eLearning Council (ELC)
Financial Aid Council (FAC)
Financial Management System (FMS)
Grant Accountants & Staff
Human Resources Management Commission (HRMC) Information Technology Commission (ITC)
Instruction Commission (IC)
Multicultural Student Services Directors Council (MSSDC)
Payroll/Personnel Management System (PPMS)
Public Information Commission (PIC)
Purchasing Affairs Council (PAC)
Research and Planning Commission (RPC)
Student Services Commission (WSSSC)
Washington Association of Community and Technical Colleges (WACTC) - presidents
Workforce Education Council (WEC)
From: Carmen McKenzie, SBCTC Director of Data Services
Subject: Pronouns and Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (SOGI) Available in ctcLink Employee Self-Service as of March 10, 2023
Dear college community:
The ability for Washington state community and technical college system employees to indicate their personal gender pronouns and sexual orientation and gender identity (SOGI) will be live in the ctcLink Employee Self-Service module as of Friday, March 10, 2023.
I am pleased to share the following update on this important work.
Efforts to implement sexual orientation, gender identity (SOGI) and pronoun data collection in Human Capital Management (HCM) before a March 14 code freeze were finalized last night.
The DGC and the DGC Demographic subcommittee (DemoCom) participated in user acceptance testing (UAT). The UAT was successful, so the SBCTC Application Services team implemented the changes in ctcLink production overnight on Thursday, March 9, to be ready for use by college and SBCTC staff and faculty on Friday, March 10, 2023.
New Self-Service Tile
In ctcLink Employee Self-Service, in the “Personal Details” section, a new “Gender Identity” tile will be added.
New HR Staff View
Previously, only Legal Sex was displayed. Now, Pronoun and SOGI are displayed and can be added and updated by HR staff if they have the appropriate security role to do so.
What do you need to do?
If you wish to do so, select the “Personal Details” tile in the ctcLink Employee Self-Service (HCM)<https://myaccount.ctclink.us/> to review and/or revise your pronoun and sexual orientation/gender identity settings. This information is optional and not a requirement.
Which values are configured in ctcLink?
The Data Governance Committee, in collaboration with systemwide colleagues, established the list of valid values for data collection. For a list of valid values, please refer to the ctcLink Reference Center Coding and SBCTC Reporting<https://ctclinkreferencecenter.ctclink.us/m/92912/l/1657917-sexual-orientation-gender-identity-and-pronouns-data-dictionary> page.
Will employee SOGI and pronouns integrate with other pillars in ctcLink?
Employee sexual orientation, gender identity, and pronouns will only reside in the HCM pillar. This data is not synced, sent, or shared with the Campus Solutions (CS) pillar and will only appear in HCM. SOGI was implemented in CS in July 2020, pronouns still need to be implemented in CS (Student Self-Service). The CS pronoun functionality differs from HCM, so this will take some additional work.
How will this information be used by SBCTC and the colleges?
Sexual orientation, gender identity and pronouns are not required for state or federal reporting. The information is being collected upon request of the college system for local use.
Sexual orientation and gender identity
Sexual orientation and gender identity are considered highly sensitive data requiring special handling (Category 4) meaning access and use of this information should be limited.
* Pronouns are considered sensitive information that is generally not released to the public unless specifically requested (Category 3) and needs to be used in a manner that does not discriminate or accidentally expose private information.
* Careful consideration will be used when determining when and where this information is displayed. As part of the CS implementation of pronoun identification for students, the Data Governance Committee will provide a set of guidelines on when and how the information should be disclosed. Until that time, use of employee pronouns will be limited.
Quick Reference Guides (QRGs)
You can find step-by-step QRGs in the ctcLink Reference Center.
· 9.2 Adding a Person<https://ctclinkreferencecenter.ctclink.us/m/79718/l/928164-9-2-adding-a-person>
· 9.2 Hiring a New Employee<https://ctclinkreferencecenter.ctclink.us/m/79718/l/1162900-9-2-hiring-a-new-employee>
· 9.2 Hiring a Person Of Interest (Volunteer)<https://ctclinkreferencecenter.ctclink.us/m/79718/l/928156-9-2-hiring-a-person-of-interest-volunteer>
· 9.2 Add a New Employee Person Record and Job Instance<https://ctclinkreferencecenter.ctclink.us/m/79718/l/928122-9-2-add-a-new-employee-person-record-and-job-instance>
· 9.2 Modifying a Birthdate<https://ctclinkreferencecenter.ctclink.us/m/79718/l/928132-9-2-modifying-a-birthdate>
· 9.2 ESS Add Update Gender Identity – SOGI (Fluid)<https://ctclinkreferencecenter.ctclink.us/m/79746/l/1657928-9-2-ess-add-update-gender-identity-sogi-fluid> - NEW
A new ctcLink Security Role (ZD HCM SOGI) is required for users to view Pronouns and SOGI on the Personal Data page.
Because ctcLink Security cannot be limited to only SOGI when configuring Add/Update to Add/Modify a Person, access to Add/Update Personal Data Biographical fields is given through other roles listed below:
* ZC HR Employee Maintenance
* ZZ HR Employee Maintenance
* ZZ SS Workforce Administrator
* New query role for Highly Sensitive SOGI data
* Existing query role updated to include Pronoun data
* However, pronoun inclusion in queries will be restricted to supervisor access only until the second phase of roll-out when pronouns will be implemented in CS and accompanied by usage guidance.
We hope you will find this change makes ctcLink more inclusive and welcoming to our many communities. Let me know if you have any questions or concerns.
Additional background information appears below my signature.
Director of Data Services
Washington State Board for Community & Technical Colleges
1300 Quince St SE | PO Box 42495 | Olympia, Washington 98504-2495
phone: (360) 704-4369 | fax: (360) 704-4416 | email: cmckenzie at sbctc.edu
Background: Pronouns & Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity (SOGI) in ctcLink
* Pronouns in ctcLink Employee Self-Service: Work is Underway (ctcLink CONNECT, Jan. 11, 2023)<https://www.sbctc.edu/blogs/ctclink-connect/2023/2023-01-11.aspx>
* Data Brief: Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity<https://www.sbctc.edu/resources/documents/colleges-staff/commissions-councils/dgc/data-brief-sexual-orientation-and-gender-identity-proposal.pdf>
* Student self-identification of Gender Identity, Sexual Orientation, and Preferred Pronouns in Campus Solutions (ctcLink Working Group decision date: 3/18/2020; implemented July 30, 2020)<https://ctclinkreferencecenter.ctclink.us/m/112604/l/1589391-enhancement-request-status#cs-er-27-cs-student-self-identification-of-gender-identity-sexual-orientation-and-preferred-pronouns-3-18-20-wg-decision-date>
* Data Classification Brief:<https://www.sbctc.edu/resources/documents/colleges-staff/data-services/data-warehouse/data-classification-brief.pdf> The Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO) data classification definitions are considered the minimum acceptable definitions of Category 1-4 information. The SBCTC’s definitions strive to be equal to or more secure than those of the OCIO.
Please DO NOT REPLY to SBCTC-ITD Mail regarding this e-mail. SBCTC-ITD Mail is an unmonitored mailbox and your message will not be received.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the ctcLinkfinaidsupport