[ctcLinkfinaidsupport] Notice of Duplicate EMPLID Ticket Freezes for Currently Enrolled Students

Ana Ybarra aybarra at sbctc.edu
Tue Feb 28 15:57:19 PST 2023

Hello everyone,

In collaboration with Data Services, the CS Pillar Support teams (CS Core, Financial Aid, and Student Financials) have established Duplicate EMPLID Ticket Freezes for each term (quarter) to help ensure accurate enrollment data for reporting purposes.

What is a Duplicate EMPLID Ticket Freeze?

Approximately three weeks prior to the term's Enrollment Snapshot, the CS Pillar Support teams will not work on new Duplicate EMPLID tickets for currently enrolled students.

Duplicate EMPLID tickets for currently enrolled students received prior to the freeze (that are already in-progress) will continue to be worked on. This work must be completed prior to the term's Enrollment Snapshot. As SBCTC's CS Pillar Support teams work with colleges to move certain data from the retired EMPLID to the kept EMPLID, it is imperative that college staff also prioritize this work so that all data is moved before the Snapshot to ensure accurate reporting for that term.

Why is a Duplicate EMPLID Ticket Freeze being established?

We want to help make sure your data is being reported accurately! As you may know, resolving Duplicate EMPLID tickets often requires colleges, CS Core, FA, and SF to work together and coordinate movement of data from the "retired" EMPLD to the "kept" EMPLID.

Is the Duplicate EMPLID Ticket Freeze for all students?

The Duplicate EMPLID Ticket Freeze only applies to currently enrolled students; meaning, students who are enrolled during the same term when the ticket is submitted to SBCTC.

How do I know when the Duplicate EMPLID Ticket Freeze begins and ends?

This work is central to reporting, so this information is being reflected on the Data Warehouse Snapshot Schedule<https://www.sbctc.edu/colleges-staff/data-services/data-warehouse-documentation> (https://www.sbctc.edu/colleges-staff/data-services/data-warehouse-documentation). The "Duplicate EMPLIDs for Same Person<https://ctclinkreferencecenter.ctclink.us/m/96101/l/1404792-duplicate-emplids-for-same-person>" QRG has also been updated to include this information.

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D94B8D.55C62060]

Can I submit Duplicate EMPLID Tickets during the Freeze?

Colleges can still file Duplicate EMPLID tickets to SBCTC during the Duplicate EMPLID Ticket Freeze. However, tickets filed within this time for currently enrolled students will not be worked on until after the freeze ends. We will reply to the ticket stating the freeze start/end date and let you know the ticket is on hold until the freeze ends. If a Duplicate EMPLID ticket involving a currently enrolled student cannot wait until the freeze ends, colleges should include a detailed explanation of the situation in the ticket.  We will consider the request.  Please note that this may delay the Data Services' Snapshot, so please ensure this is truly a critical/urgent situation.

This information is being sent to the CS Support, FA Support, and SF Support listservs.

Please let us know if there are any questions.