[ctcLinkfinaidsupport] FA Weeklyish Bulletin

Kelly Forsberg kforsberg at sbctc.edu
Thu Sep 1 14:33:44 PDT 2022

Knowing is Half the Battle!
F Super Helpful Reminders and Tips!
o   FISAP!

§  The Campus Solutions Financial Aid PRP 4 upgrade was implemented in production on the evening of July 21st.  SBCTC has created a supporting document that includes the changes the user will experience.  This overview document is now available on the SBCTC website and can be reached at the following link:

FA PRP 4 Overview<https://www.sbctc.edu/resources/documents/colleges-staff/it-support/erp/ctclink-accessibility/ctclink-fa-prp-4overview.pdf>

§  If you are interested in learning more about these changes, SBCTC previously hosted one Q&A session which is linked below:

FA PRP 4 Q & A Session Recording<https://sbctc.webex.com/webappng/sites/sbctc/recording/8bc1d1e1ea94103aa7bf00505681fff1/playback>

§  The FISAP Business Processing Guide will be updated and available by the end of next week.  Stay tuned!
F Query Corner!
o   TRACKING AWARDS TO STAY WITHIN COA
§  CTC_FA_THIRD_PARTY_PYMNTS – run this query to find students that have third-party payments that are set up in SF, but may need to be recorded in the Fin Aid awarding page to ensure the student is not inadvertently over-awarded.  For example, if a student is receiving L&I funding or some other agency funding, this needs to be recorded as a non-disbursable award in the Assign Awards to a Student page
§  CTC_FA_OVERAWARDED – run this query to find students who are over-awarded for the AY.  Run this query pre-emptively prior to disbursement.  You will also find these students on the Authorization Failure Report, but it’s helpful to review this before Authorization, to reduce the number of students that will appear on your Auth Fail Report.  Note, this query is going to also capture students who are not necessarily true over-awards, rather, they just have a zero’d out budget because they have not yet enrolled in classes
§  CTC_FA_TERM_OVERAWARDED – run this query to find students who are over-awarded by Term.  Follows the above description.
F Training Team News
o   BUSINESS ANALYST TRAINING:  The Training Team delivered/facilitated our first Business Analyst Training Work Session Kick Off on Wednesday 8/31/22.  We collaborated with many new Business Analysts at many colleges, as well as Business Analysts with 20 + years’ experience.  The experience was enriching to all, and we are excited to continue on this work with the college Business Analysts!  The next series is coming in October, and is geared toward security where our SBCTC security team will facilitate our session for our BAs.
o   RECORDINGS POSTED:  The Pell Reconciliation recording is now available in the FA107 FA-SF Reconciliation Canvas Training course.  The recording and slide deck are linked here<https://sbctc.instructure.com/courses/1830556/pages/just-in-time-training-session-recordings-slash-slide-decks?module_item_id=66375983>.

What’s Coming Down the Pike?:

F Just In Time Trainings (FA Training):
o   Authorization Refresher  – 9/6/22  9:00 AM – 11:00 AM
o   Follow Up Q & A for Authorization Refresher  – 9/8  9:00 AM – 10:00 AM
o   FLF & Disbursement Refresher – 9/13/22  9:00 AM – 11:00 AM
o   Follow Up Q & A for FLF & Disbursement Refresher – 9/15/22 9:00 AM – 10:00 AM

Environment Updates:
-          Reminder! The next PCD refresh will take place on Monday, September 12., not September 5th, as previously scheduled.  That means you have an extra week for any testing you have done in PCD.  Remember that any processes you have built or students you have staged, will be wiped in the refresh, and replaced with the most recent data in the PRD environment.

Just For Fun! 😂 Did you know these things have names?

-          Kummerspeck is the German word for the excess weight gain you gain from emotional eating.  The literal translation is:  grief bacon  (Please pass the Cheez-Itz ☺)

-          The triangular bump on the inside corner of your eye is the carncule
-          The fold of skin between your nose and upper lip is called the philtrum
-          The technical term for the nape of your neck is the niddick
-          Obsessive nose-picking is called rhinotillexomania
-          The indent on the bottom of a wine bottle is called a punt
-          The cardboard sleeve around your pumpkin spice latte (or other favorite hot beverage) is called a zarf
-          A group of ponies is called a string
-          A group of crows is called a murder
-          A group of geese is called a gaggle

TGIF-eve!

[Compass]Kelly Forsberg
ctcLink Functional Trainer | Financial Aid
o: 360-704-1066
kforsberg at sbctc.edu<mailto:kforsberg at sbctc.edu>