[ctcLinkfinaidsupport] Washington Bridge Grant

Ana Ybarra aybarra at sbctc.edu
Wed May 11 15:53:13 PDT 2022

Good morning, FA Administrators,

We sent out an announcement Tuesday, April 19th regarding the Washington Bridge Grant, which included the global item type number that we reserved for this new grant (912000000250).

The original announcement from WSAC included the following statement: "Because this program was created by a proviso in the budget, at this time, it is only for the 2022-23 award year.  More guidance will be provided in the 2022-23 Washington College Grant and College Bound Scholarship Program Manual."

In case it was missed, additional guidance was provided on 5/5/22 at WSAC . Since the funds for this award are currently not guaranteed beyond the upcoming award year 2022-2023, FA Support will not be adding this to auto-packaging. These funds would best be awarded manually due to the complexities of the requirements and criteria. A query has been developed to aid in identifying students who are potentially eligible for this award, we'll update you all here once that gets moved to production.

We will revisit adding this to auto-packaging if, during the next legislative session, this goes through proviso in the budget again for future years, or in perpetuity, then we would revisit adding this to auto-packaging.

Peace be with you -

[Title: SBCTC logo - Description: Compass]Ana Ybarra, MA
Associate Director Campus Solutions - Financial Aid
* o: 360-704-1024