[ctcLinkfinaidsupport] Updates from Student Financials

Brandon Reed breed at sbctc.edu
Fri Jan 28 13:10:46 PST 2022

Hello Everyone,

We hope this message finds you all in good health and happy spirits!  This message contains important updates to note down, consider, and discuss.

  *   1098T (& 1099/W2) Season
     *   It is officially (mostly) behind us and golly gee will-a-kers...it has been one heck of a lift. The SF State Board team is happy with the results and can report just 97,703 statements sent to be printed & mailed out, the remaining may all be viewed via ctcLink.  In July, we will send out the first note on the 2022 1098T season, which will include overall updates & training dates - please be on the lookout.
     *   Similar to this year, we will have full training session opportunities for the newest "family" members (DG6.)  However, we will also have a 1098T review session for the rest of our wonderful ctcLink family.  Until then, please feel free to watch Tamara's 2021 Missing SSN & 1098T Processing work sessions <https://sbctc.instructure.com/courses/2056628/modules>  available in Canvas.
     *   FIRE ACCOUNT - The deadline to upload 1098T statements to the IRS is the end of March.  The State Board Accounting crew created a document on this and it has been loaded to the reference center at 9.2 1098T FAQs for ctcLink<https://ctclinkreferencecenter.ctclink.us/m/92925/l/1108965-9-2-1098t-faqs-for-ctclink>
  *   SF Workshops<https://www.sbctc.edu/colleges-staff/it-support/erp-support/cs-core-worksession.aspx> - We have two workshops scheduled and are looking for a volunteer to present on June 23rd. We only ask that the topic be one that a majority of the SF Team in WA State would be interested in, be less than 2 hours, and be related to ctcLink SF Processing.  Expect official invites for the work sessions to be sent out shortly.
     *   2/11/2022 -       Item Type Roundtable & Waiver Update
     *   4/8/2022 -          Intro to Collections...time to start it up!
     *   6/23/2022 -       Open SF Topic date (Please reach out to our SF DL<mailto:sfsupport at sbctc.edu> if interested)
  *   Post Student Transactions - If financial aid or tuition waivers are posted using the Post Student Transactions Page, it will result in reporting and processing problems (which may be very difficult to correct.)
     *   Please do not use the Post Student Transactions page for adding or adjusting financial aid or tuition waiver item types to student accounts. Those item types are designed to be awarded/disbursed from specific ctcLink pages, not the Student Financials Post Student Transaction page. As always, if you find yourself in a bind and need our help, we are just a ticket away from assisting.

Feel free to please reach out with any questions, comments, concerns, or clean jokes!

When is a joke a dad joke?
When it's apparent...

Thank you,
-Your SF Team
                -Tamara/Amy/Brandon/Amanda/Sopheth/Alec (& soon to be Charles V/Spencer/Charles S)

[Title: SBCTC logo - Description: Compass]
Brandon Reed
Associate Director for Student Financials
breed at sbctc.edu<mailto:breed at sbctc.edu>