[ctcLink-Accessibility] IMPORTANT NOTICE: System Server Downtime, Friday, Aug. 23, 2024, noon to 8 p.m.

SBCTC-IT Mail itmail at sbctc.edu
Mon Aug 19 16:30:47 PDT 2024

SBCTC-ITD Memorandum
Date:    August 19, 2024
From:   Johnathan Rider, SBCTC Infrastructure Services Director
To:       SBCTC All Staff, systemwide listservs
Subj:    IMPORTANT NOTICE: System Server Downtime, Friday, Aug. 23, 2024, noon to 8 p.m.
Dear SBCTC and college system colleagues:
As part of the final move to the new SBCTC offices, the physical server hardware is moving from the Quince Street office to the State Data Center (SDC) in our new facility.
This will impact several commonly used online applications and services, so your attention is requested.
Please ensure impacted students and staff are aware of this downtime.
Downtime Details
Friday, Aug. 23, 2023, 12 p.m. to 8 p.m.
The downtime will last approximately eight hours, with every effort made to minimize the duration.
Impacted Applications
During this period, all services hosted on the affected servers will be offline and unavailable.
The following college-, public-, and student-facing services and web applications will be unavailable during the server move.

  *   Mailman Lists (Listservs) - sent messages will be delayed
  *   metaLink
  *   Online Budget and Invoicing System (OBIS)<https://obis.sbctc.edu/login.aspx>
  *   Online Grant Management System (OGMS)<https://ogms.sbctc.edu/>
  *   QARS
  *   SBCTC Budget Reports
  *   SBCTC Internal Report Manager
  *   SBCTC.edu website<https://www.sbctc.edu/>
  *   SBCTC SharePoint sites
  *   Statewide Enrollment and Reporting System (SERS)<https://www.ctesers.org/Home>
  *   Tickler

SBCTC staff only
Colleges won't experience downtime, but SBCTC researchers will not have access to the following:

  *   DataLink
  *   Data Warehouse
  *   Tableau dashboards

What is not impacted?

  *   ctcLink
  *   CampusCE
  *   Canvas
  *   LACES
  *   LegacyLink
  *   Legacy Transcript
  *   Online Admissions Application Portal (OAAP)

Post-Downtime
Once the migration is complete, we will notify the college system. We expect this to be a seamless transition for the colleges and all services to be fully operational post-migration.
IP addresses for all servers will change, so certain SBCTC teams (e.g., Application Services, Data Services, Research, ctcLink) will want to test queries, reports, and processes to ensure connectivity.
I appreciate your understanding and cooperation as we work to move our infrastructure to the new location.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.
Thank you,
[Title: SBCTC logo - Description: Compass]Johnathan Rider
SBCTC Infrastructure Services Director
jrider at sbctc.edu<mailto:jrider at sbctc.edu>* o: 360-704-4391 * SBCTC.edu/IT Division<https://www.sbctc.edu/colleges-staff/it-support/>

  *   Please DO NOT REPLY to SBCTC-IT Mail regarding this e-mail.  SBCTC-IT Mail is an unmonitored mailbox, and your message will not be received.
  *   Message Received Only Once When Sent to Multiple Mail Lists: A message sent to multiple lists is received only once by members using Microsoft Exchange Server and MS-Outlook. For example, if a systemwide message is sent to 30 lists, and you are a member of 10 of those lists, you will receive the message only once rather than 10 times.