[Ctclda] Math Pathways to Completion: Professional Development Opportunities

Jennifer Whetham jwhetham at sbctc.edu
Thu Aug 3 14:22:23 PDT 2017

Friends and Colleagues:

As part of our ongoing system-wide effort to address our Math Strategic Plan<https://www.sbctc.edu/resources/documents/colleges-staff/programs-services/math/math-strategic-plan.pdf>, SBCTC offers the following events:

*         Developing or Expanding Your Math Pathways Initiative<https://www.sbctc.edu/colleges-staff/programs-services/math/developing-or-expanding-your-math-pathways.aspx>

Institution registration deadline September 1, 2017

If your college is interested in being part of a formal cohort of institutions working on their math pathways, submit a letter of commitment and a draft action plan (both available at the page link above) by September 1, 2017.

*         Designing Math Pathways Fall Events<https://www.sbctc.edu/colleges-staff/programs-services/math/designing-math-pathways-events.aspx>

Team registration deadline: September 25, 2017

We are hosting 2 identical sessions--October 24 (Spokane) or October 26 (Seattle)--focused on implementing math pathways and led by experienced staff from the UT Austin Charles Dana Center<http://www.utdanacenter.org/higher-education/dcmp/>.

Want to Know More?

1.      Listen to a student reflect on her experience<https://youtu.be/6qKrMC2gHOI> as a student in math courses aligned with the Dana Center Math Pathways model<https://dcmathpathways.org/dcmp/dcmp-model>!

2.      Read a research report of existing math pathways across the system (attached), done by Dr. Pat Averbeck, math faculty at Edmonds Community College. Pat assembled this report based on web site reviews and conversations with key staff and math faculty around the state.

Questions?
Contact Bill Moore<mailto:bmoore at sbctc.edu>
Director, K-12 Partnerships & Core to College Alignment
State Board for Community & Technical Colleges