[Coldg] Complying with COPPA: Frequently Asked Questions | Federal Trade Commission

Maxwell, Susan SMaxwell at clark.edu
Wed May 23 16:57:06 PDT 2018

Hello College Data Governance Listserve!

I am a member of the Clark College Data Governance Committee.  This week someone brought the COPPA to my attention, wondering how we would ensure that personal information for students under age 13 (such as children in college run summer camps) is not shared inappropriately when we move to PeopleSoft.  Here is some information:

https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/business-center/guidance/complying-coppa-frequently-asked-questions
*        Is there anyone who 1) has a policy that deals with this rule Children's Online Privacy Protection Rule ("COPPA")<https://www.ftc.gov/enforcement/rules/rulemaking-regulatory-reform-proceedings/childrens-online-privacy-protection-rule>, and 2) does anyone have any procedures in Legacy to ensure their data is not released?
*
*        Thanks for any input you may have.

Susan Maxwell
ctcLink Project Director
Clark College
360 992-2506