[Coldg] Hello!

Carmen McKenzie cmckenzie at sbctc.edu
Fri May 18 08:53:41 PDT 2018

Hello!
You should have received a message welcoming you to the college data governance list serve.  The system's Data Governance Committee is hoping this list serve will assist your efforts in implementing a data governance program at your college.  The Data Governance Committee members have been added to this list serve and are available to support your efforts.

I wanted to point out one resource that may be especially helpful.  On the SBCTC Data Services page is a link to the Data Governance website that includes a page for college resources.  On this page you will find a template called "Putting Together a College Data Governance Program".   https://www.sbctc.edu/colleges-staff/commissions-councils/dgc/college-resources.aspx

If you are in the reading mood, you may want to check out the "Traveling Through Time" document on the DGC page.  https://www.sbctc.edu/resources/documents/colleges-staff/commissions-councils/dgc/TravelingThroughTime_000.pdf   It's very informative and was used by the DGC when we were originally developing the structure of the committee.

I plan to occasionally post information about upcoming data governance related webinars on this list serve as well as some whitepapers that you may find helpful.  We are hoping that you will find this list serve helpful as you begin, or continue, to development your local data governance programs!

Thanks,
Carmen

Carmen McKenzie
Director of Data Services
[SBCTC sub-brand Data Services-small]
1300 Quince St SE | PO Box 42495 |  Olympia, Washington 98504-2495
phone: (360) 704-4369 | fax: (360) 704-4416 | email: cmckenzie at sbctc.edu<mailto:cmckenzie at sbctc.edu>