[CATO] Obsidian and Accessibility

Andy Duckworth aduckworth at sbctc.edu
Thu Jan 12 10:01:11 PST 2023

Good Morning Everyone!

At the end of our last meeting, I mentioned the Obsidian tool I use for creating/editing markdown files and Zach had asked about the accessibility of the tool. I was able to find the following support article<https://forum.obsidian.md/t/accessibility-obsidian-with-screen-readers/19669> with a last post of March 2022, which lists some of the ongoing issues. I reached out to the Discord community to see what is on the roadmap regarding accessibility and will let you all know what I find out.
[https://forum.obsidian.md/uploads/default/original/1X/bf119bd48f748f4fd2d65f2d1bb05d3c806883b5.png]<https://forum.obsidian.md/t/accessibility-obsidian-with-screen-readers/19669>
Accessibility: Obsidian with screen readers<https://forum.obsidian.md/t/accessibility-obsidian-with-screen-readers/19669>
Hi all. I’m a totally blind person that’s interested in using Obsidian in my job, and maybe personally as well. My boss told me about Obsidian–that’s what he uses–so I decided to try it out. I found that some of it was usable with a screen reader (I tried NVDA on Windows. I found that when I navigated text that I’d written, using the arrow keys, all I heard was “blank ...
forum.obsidian.md


Andy Duckworth (he|him)

Technology Innovation Officer