[Cato] path forward?

Hsiao, Terence thsiao at cascadia.edu
Fri Jan 26 05:38:32 PST 2018

Two thoughts on how to proceed engaging the commissions in light of WACTC's charge to us:

A.      Develop a presentation for the commissions where we: a) define the need, b) propose the basic solution, c) share a few models of how to implement the solution. We'd then use that feedback to refine our thinking and come up with a recommendation. Time permitting we'd run that recommendation by the commissions for additional feedback before presenting to WACTC.

B.      Develop a presentation for the commissions where we: a) define the need, b) ask each commission to appoint a committed individual to a CATO task force to work on developing the solution*.

Some background information on the commissions: PIC just met, WSSSC and HRMC are meeting next week, ITC has cancelled its Winter on-site meeting due to a conflict.

I'm not available for WSSSC or HRMC, but I can adapt the WACTC presentation so one of you can deliver it. However, we need to decide on A or B above (or a C). My schedule is such that I'd need to modify the presentation over the weekend. What are your thoughts on how to proceed?

Terence

*these people could potentially become members of CATO proper