[Cato] [ELC-C] WaTech Policy 188

Meeusen, Kelley Kelley.Meeusen at cptc.edu
Tue Aug 23 15:03:16 PDT 2016

Jess:

I love this policy, and as I stated a while ago it is a great start. My only problem is that it appears to be an unfunded mandate. In the current budget environment, I suspect it will remain a mostly unfunded mandate. The legislature appropriate no funds to support this, so SBCTC will have to squeeze it out or their existing budget, as will the member colleges.

So in the existing environment, the undue burden<https://ocio.wa.gov/definition-terms-used-ocio-policies-and-reports#undue_burden> clause will apply to almost everything.

I also suspect that while having a policy in place might be helpful, it might also place the SBCTC at a higher level of risk for civil action when someone asks, "Why isn't this policy supported with the necessary financial resources to make it work effectively?"

Just my $0.02.

Kelley

"Perhaps not all courses can be taught online, but all courses can benefit from an online presence!"

Kelley L. Meeusen, eLearning Coordinator
[http://www.cptc.edu/images/brand-standards/cptc_simon2.png]
eLearning Department
Building 15, Room 108 * 4500 Steilacoom Blvd. SW * Lakewood WA 98499 * T: 253-589-5730<tel:253.000.0000> * kelley.meeusen at cptc.edu<mailto:kelley.meeusen at cptc.edu> * cptc.edu * twitter.com/CloverParkTech * facebook.com/CloverParkTech
Excellence. Experience. Employment. Redefine education at Clover Park Technical College.

[CPTC Online Web Page Sml]