[BLC] Legacy Transcript Application Project Update
itmail at sbctc.edu
Tue Feb 21 10:29:33 PST 2023
Date: Feb. 21, 2023
FROM: Grant Rodeheaver
SUBJECT: Legacy Transcript Application Project Update
Dear college community:
A new Legacy Transcript application has been piloted at six colleges for the past year and will deploy to the remaining colleges within the next few months.
The Legacy Transcript application was developed in collaboration with an advisory group of registrars representing the Admissions and Registration Council (ARC) who assisted with business requirements definition and design. The application will be released in phases. Colleges will be notified in advance of their group assignment and timeline.
The application will be the repository for those student transcripts currently stored in the Legacy HP-UX system which were not converted into ctcLink during the colleges’ conversion to PeopleSoft.
Legacy environments must be shut down before June 30, 2023, and the Legacy Transcript application will ensure a secure and sustainable environment for retaining student transcript records.
Legacy Transcript Application Key Features
The application is web-based, accessible, and provides self-service functionality for students and includes Legacy HP-UX system functionality for staff users, such as:
* Search for student transcript records
* View and edit student demographic information and Privacy Restriction (FERPA) settings
* Merge student records
* Print unofficial and official transcripts
* View, print, and send transcripts to other colleges and universities
* Modify course/class information
* Okta/Active Directory Authentication
* Show transcript data on screen and allow editing of class data, along with transcript notes
Legacy Transcript Project Status
Much of the technical work has been completed, such as setting up development servers; creating processes to migrate data to SQL (structured query language, a standard programming language used to manage relational databases and perform various operations on the data in them); user login authentication and authorization; and transcript application development.
* Survey pilot colleges for feedback on application usage
* Continue testing transcript transfers to ctcLink
* Develop transcript transfers to four-year colleges
* Develop Okta security integration for multi-factor authentication
* Develop a production deployment plan
* Migrate data for all colleges
* Create documentation for end-users
The Legacy Transcript Application project is led by Ray Gartner, SBCTC Application Services Director. David Coffman, Senior Software Engineer, is serving as the lead developer on the project.
Stay tuned for more details over the coming months and please reach out to me at grodeheaver at sbctc.edu<mailto:grodeheaver at sbctc.edu> or Ray Gartner, at rgartner at sbctc.edu<mailto:rgartner at sbctc.edu>, if you have any questions or concerns.
Deputy Executive Director / CIO, IT Division
Washington State Board for Community and Technical Colleges
grodeheaver at sbctc.edu • o: 360-704-3939 • c: 360-280-4733
sbctc.edu<https://www.sbctc.edu/> • Twitter: @SBCTCWashington<https://twitter.com/SBCTCWashington> • Facebook: @WASBCTC<https://www.facebook.com/wasbctc/>
Please DO NOT REPLY to SBCTC-ITD Mail regarding this email. SBCTC-ITD Mail is an unmonitored mailbox, and your message will not be received.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the BLC