[BLC] Message about the BLC's friend and colleague, Char Gore

Powers, Tanya tpowers at highline.edu
Mon Oct 31 12:40:51 PDT 2022

Char was absolutely amazing, collaborative and phenomenal. I am going to miss her! I would love to hear if there are any memorials planned or how to support the family.

Warmest regards,

Tanya Powers, Ed.D.

Associate Dean for BAS and Workforce Pathways

tpowers at highline.edu<mailto:tpowers at highline.edu>

(206) 592-3662

(206) 592-3780 (FAX)

Book appointment here: https://tinyurl.com/48aycduw

https://www.highline.edu/what-we-offer/bas/

https://appliedbachelorsapp.highline.edu/

I would like to acknowledge the people whose land we are gathered on today. Present day Des Moines is located on the traditional village sites of the Muckleshoot, Duwamish, Puyallup  and many other tribes who made their homes on these lands and along these waters.

Let us also acknowledge the robust Indigenous communities made up of tribal diversity that originate from around the country, and whose journeys have brought them here and to other locations by ways of forced displacement or seeking opportunities.

Today the same communities celebrate their heritage, showing resilience and tenacity that would be greatly admired by their ancestors.

Inspired by Se-ah-dom Edmo and Dr. Christine Dupres, Portland