[BLC] Business-related BAS degrees Community of Practice

Oberhofer, Mary Jane moberhofer at tacomacc.edu
Tue Oct 18 09:46:01 PDT 2022

Hello Everyone

WA State has 34 business-related BAS degrees with 15 being specifically in Business/Applied Management.

With this critical mass of programs in the same or similar area, we have the opportunity to collaborate and strengthen our ability to serve students more equitably.

For example, creating common course numbering for select classes will give more opportunities for our students to complete courses and finish degrees faster.

I am confident there are other areas that are worth exploring as well.

I propose an exploratory meeting to gauge the interest in a Business BAS Community of Practice.

Please click out the link to indicate your availability by end of business Friday, October 21.  https://doodle.com/meeting/participate/id/b4R50V2e

If you aren't able to attend, I will provide an update at the upcoming BLC meeting on November 16.

Mary Jane Oberhofer (she | her | hers)
Associate Dean for Business (Interim)
Tacoma Community College
16-223-2