[BLC] BLC Meeting April 14/15 moved to Zoom

Skye Field sfield at yvcc.edu
Tue Mar 17 15:48:05 PDT 2020

Greetings BLC/BAS Colleagues,

In an effort to continue our important work and maintain social distancing recommendations, the spring BLC meeting will be conducted via Zoom for two half day sessions, April 14/15.  As times and format have changed, please complete the registration form again if you are able to attend.

Ø  General Membership Meeting April 14th from 9:00AM - 12:00PM

Ø  Business Meeting April 15th from 9:00AM - 12:30PM (note the later start times).

ü  Complete the registration at this link https://forms.gle/QdjAUwvHEgmp2Fpq6  or visit the SBCTC BLC webpage<https://www.sbctc.edu/colleges-staff/commissions-councils/blc/> and look under meeting materials.

Other places to find meeting materials can be found at the BLC Canvas Page https://tacomacc.instructure.com/courses/1831880/modules (find meeting materials at the bottom of the modules page).

·         For those attending the General meeting be prepared to break into groups via Zoom to discuss what activities/goals you would like to see BLC pursue in the next two years to benefit BAS programs statewide.

·         For those attending the Business meeting, take a few moments to review the draft winter meeting minutes and prepare to vote for your new Executive Team.  Just a reminder we do need a quorum to vote.

·         Looking at the bright side of moving this meeting to Zoom, BLC is not expending funds to cover food!  Feel free to invite other staff that are connected with BAS programs that may be interested in our work.  Now is the time to introduce new colleagues who may want to participate.

Not experienced with Zoom?  It is recommended that you have a laptop and webcam to fully participate however, you can call in from your phone.  Click link for tutorials:
https://zoom.us/resources

If you are new to Zoom, I would recommend reviewing:

1.       Join A Meeting

2.       Configuring Audio & Video

3.       Meeting Controls

4.       Sharing Your Screen

Thank you for your flexibility with regard to moving this meeting online.

Be well,

Skye Field
Chair - Baccalaureate Leadership Council (BLC)
Yakima Valley College
p: 509-574-4816
e: sfield at yvcc.edu