[BLC] Request for BAS Statement of Need/BAS Proposal Revision or Changes

Jamilyn Penn jpenn at sbctc.edu
Wed Jul 29 11:07:07 PDT 2020

Hello All,

I hope that you are well. It happens to be a beautiful and sunny day here in Western Washington. I love summertime in the PNW!

I am reaching out with a request for feedback. During our time together at the summer BLC meeting, I asked that this body provide any feedback related to changes/revisions that you would like to see related to the BAS Program Approval Process<https://www.sbctc.edu/colleges-staff/programs-services/applied-baccalaureates/bachelors-program-approval-application.aspx>. Suggested changes may include things like the following:

  *   Update models/samples for BAS Statements of Need and/or BAS Proposals
  *   Update rubrics
  *   Change modality (face-to-face or online) of presentation of BAS Statements of Need and/or BAS Proposals to the SBCTC Board

Now is the time to share you input. I recommend that you discuss this request with your campus constituents who have had experience participating in the BAS program approval process. They may have ideas that we can consider. SBCTC wants to make the BAS program approval process one that works best for our colleges. Provide input by Friday, August 7. Send your input to me and make sure to cc Lori Crist at lori.crist at sbctc.edu<mailto:lori.crist at sbctc.edu> , so that we can compile the data. Thank you!

Best regards,

-Jamilyn

Jamilyn Penn (she, her, hers)
Director, Transfer Education
State Board for Community and Technical College
253-302-9395
jpenn at sbctc.edu