[BLC] State Employee Tuition Waiver Survey - BAS

Scott Copeland scopeland at sbctc.edu
Wed Nov 27 13:11:51 PST 2019

If I might add to the conversation from a global level---all mandatory waivers must be applied to all eligible students regardless of the academic level of the courses or programs in which they are enrolled.  We recently received confirmation of this requirement from our Budget Director here at SBCTC.  These mandatory waivers include the following:

Statutory Mandatory Waivers

*         Children and Spouse of Totally Disabled or POW/MIA or Deceased Eligible Veterans or National Guard Members<https://www.sbctc.edu/colleges-staff/programs-services/tuition-fees/tuition-waivers/child-spouse-partner-disabled-pow-deceased-waiver.aspx>

*         Children and Spouses of Deceased or Disabled Law Enforcement Officers or Firefighters<https://www.sbctc.edu/colleges-staff/programs-services/tuition-fees/tuition-waivers/child-spouse-deceased-disabled-law-enforcement-firefighter-waiver.aspx>

*        Wrongfully Convicted Person<https://www.sbctc.edu/colleges-staff/programs-services/tuition-fees/tuition-waivers/wrongfully-convicted-person-waiver.aspx>

SBCTC Mandatory Waivers

*         Adult Basic Education, English as a Second Language, and GED(r) Preparation<https://www.sbctc.edu/colleges-staff/programs-services/tuition-fees/tuition-waivers/abe-esl-ged-waiver.aspx>

*        Apprenticeship<https://www.sbctc.edu/colleges-staff/programs-services/tuition-fees/tuition-waivers/apprenticeship-waiver.aspx>

Scott a Copeland

Scott A. Copeland
Associate Director, College Relations and Policy Guidance
Education Division
Office: 360-704-4397