[BLC] BAS policy question

Hogan, Lenaya Lenaya.Hogan at sfcc.spokane.edu
Fri Sep 28 12:55:25 PDT 2018

Hello all,
I have a situational question for everyone.  As far as I can tell, there is no set policy on this (please let me know if there is and I am missing it!).
I hypothetically have a student with an AAS degree in applied management plus 10 extra credits from a cosmetology program that she tried. Let's say she has 100 credits total.

The BAS degree is 90 credits, however, this student has already taken both sciences.  Since they do not have to retake these two classes, they only have 80 required credits in their BAS program.
Can the addition 10 credits from the cosmetology program be used to hit the 180 credit mark?  Are there any restrictions on which classes we fill those spaces with or can a student use any elective credits (if she didn't have the additional cosmetology credits)?

I would love some clarification around this.  Please feel free to contact me directly if you need more clarification.

Thank you,

Lenaya Hogan Ph.D.
BAS Programs Coordinator
Spokane Falls Community College
Bldg. 30-248 MS~3175
Phone: 509-533-3522

Spokane Falls Community College meets the needs of our community by advancing student achievement through quality, accessible learning opportunities that embrace diversity, promote equity, and foster global awareness.

[cid:image002.png at 01D2D0B2.4B5CBA50]