[BLC] FW: Ability to Benefit/Financial Stability Summit 11.1.18 - Registration closes 10/25

Joyce Hammer jhammer at sbctc.edu
Tue Oct 16 17:49:31 PDT 2018

For your information below...

Joyce D. Hammer, Ph.D.
Director of Transfer Education
P.O. Box 42495
1300 Quince Street SE
Olympia, WA 98504-2495
360.704.4338
jhammer at sbctc.edu<mailto:jhammer at sbctc.edu>

From: Christy Lowder On Behalf Of Kristi Wellington Baker
Sent: Monday, October 15, 2018 3:05 PM
To: 'Guidedpathways at lists.ctc.edu' <Guidedpathways at lists.ctc.edu<mailto:Guidedpathways at lists.ctc.edu>>
Cc: Joe Holliday <jholliday at sbctc.edu<mailto:jholliday at sbctc.edu>>; Joyce Hammer <jhammer at sbctc.edu<mailto:jhammer at sbctc.edu>>; William Durden <wdurden at sbctc.edu<mailto:wdurden at sbctc.edu>>; Ruben Flores <rflores at sbctc.edu<mailto:rflores at sbctc.edu>>; Kathy Goebel <KGoebel at sbctc.edu<mailto:KGoebel at sbctc.edu>>; Andrew Helsing <ahelsing at sbctc.edu<mailto:ahelsing at sbctc.edu>>
Subject: Ability to Benefit/Financial Stability Summit 11.1.18 - Registration closes 10/25

Good afternoon!

We are moving our Ability to Benefit/Financial Stability Summit to a Seattle Area Hotel, so we have re-opened registration<https://eventactions.com/eareg.aspx?ea=Rsvp&invite=gr5w0vkwtv5akmye9jccsjhup84dw2v1zmvs7v5105agagyz459w> for the November 1st, 2018 Conference. The conference is from 10am - 3pm.

Washington Community College Leaders, Faculty and Staff; Your expertise and passion for student college affordability is needed!
On November 1st, we will hold an ATB/ Student Financial Stability Summit at a Seattle Area Hotel. Please join us.

Keynote speaker Sara Goldrick-Rab, Ph.D. is a nationally known expert on college affordability. Among her accomplishment is the establishment of the Wisconsin HOPE Lab and oversight of the Basic Needs Survey that has informed policy and action around student hunger and homelessness in the United States.

We will also be joined by Lauren Walizer of the Center for Law and Social Policy (CLASP), a national leader on racial equity and policy solutions for low-income students, and Bryce McKibben of Senator Patty Murray's Office. SBCTC staff working on these issues will round out the program.

There is no cost to attend the event, but space is limited and registration is required. Lunch and refreshments are provided. Registration closes on 10/25/18.

Kristi Wellington-Baker | Student Success Center Director
1300 Quince St SE | PO Box 42495
Olympia, WA 98504-2495
p: 360.704.1022 | c: 509.301.8466 | kwellingtonbaker at sbctc.edu<mailto:kwellingtonbaker at sbctc.edu>