[BLC] FW: STEAM Summer Accessibility Retreat

Joyce Hammer jhammer at sbctc.edu
Sun May 20 20:18:58 PDT 2018

Greetings! Please forward the below to faculty who might be interested. This is a great opportunity!

Joyce

Joyce D. Hammer, Ph.D.
Director of Transfer Education
P.O. Box 42495
1300 Quince Street SE
Olympia, WA 98504-2495
360.704.4338
jhammer at sbctc.edu<mailto:jhammer at sbctc.edu>

Jess Thompson
Program Administrator, Accessible Technology Initiatives
p: 360.704.4327 | c: 253.229.8591
Current Projects<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1KXjxctpTAa2R06iRksMrjaeiCkphAJzqkwX-awvJh9g/edit?usp=sharing> | AccessWA Blog<https://accesswa.blog>

Keep in the accessibility loop by joining the CTC Accessibility listserv<https://goo.gl/forms/CP1GHPl6Pe1ipD6q1>!

________________________________
Hello,

Please spread the word to your STEM and Arts faculty that we are concluding the Summer Accessibility Retreat with a day dedicated to accessibility in the STEAM disciplines.

Space is limited, so those interested will need to register ASAP. More details about the retreat are below.

Thanks!

Jess

Jess Thompson
Program Administrator, Accessible Technology Initiatives
p: 360.704.4327 | c: 253.229.8591
Current Projects<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1KXjxctpTAa2R06iRksMrjaeiCkphAJzqkwX-awvJh9g/edit?usp=sharing> | AccessWA Blog<https://accesswa.blog>

Keep in the accessibility loop by joining the CTC Accessibility listserv<https://goo.gl/forms/CP1GHPl6Pe1ipD6q1>!

________________________________
Please pass along to those who may be interested:

This year's Summer Accessibility Retreat is July 17 - 19!

Sign up now!<http://bit.ly/a11yretreat18>
Details:

What: The Summer Accessibility Retreat is meant to help you set aside time to spend a couple of days focused solely on accessibility. The retreat mixes facilitated workshops with supported work time, allowing you to apply the lessons learned immediately and to work in a space with accessibility experts present and able to help. Review the full (draft) agenda<https://docs.google.com/document/d/19ovk5m1knl2wqWfRpuidwoDdbKhSldHYo6iApYMhY7Y/edit?usp=sharing> for a list of topics covered each day. Preceding the retreat will be an Accessibility 101 Train the Trainer event. More info below.

Where: Dumas Bay Retreat Center<https://www.dumasbaycentre.com/> overlooking the Puget Sound in Federal Way.

When: July 17 -19. This year's retreat is longer than years past. We're allowing participants to select which days they would like to attend. If you are interested in attending multiple days, we recommend that you sign up early to ensure space is available for each day - seats will be awarded on a first come, first serve basis.

How: Folks interested in attending the retreat can sign up using this Google form: http://bit.ly/a11yretreat18. Space is limited! Once a session has reched the maximum number of attendees, it will be marked FULL on the sign-up form. We will send a confirmation to all attendees once registration has closed. (Based on how quickly the online training fills, registration may not be open for very long. If you are interested in attending, do not delay registering.)

Cost: Lodging at Dumas Bay and food (breakfast, lunch, and dinner) are being provided by the State Board. *Please note, Dumas Bay was once a convent and women's retreat center. The rooms include a half bathroom, with shared shower rooms available in each hall. If this is not to your liking, there is lodging available nearby (but it is not covered by SBCTC).

Accessibility 101 Train the Trainer

This workshop is strongly encouraged for anyone offering/facilitating accessibility training on their campus. Participants that successfully complete this workshop will be eligible to facilitate the State Board's online Accessibility 101 course (we grant to the colleges for this work). Space is especially limited for this workshop and preference will be given to folks that have previously signed up to be informed of Train the Trainer workshops.