[BLC] Board meeting

Joyce Hammer jhammer at sbctc.edu
Wed Mar 14 21:29:46 PDT 2018

Greetings! Please note that the upcoming State Board meeting is May 2-3rd, 2018. I noticed a typo on the timeline chart. Also, I do not have the dates for the 2018-2019 schedule for the State Board meeting but will finalize in April. I believe that we will be on track with October, February, and May for presenting to the Board, but will confirm soon, and present a new timeline for 2018-2019.

Joyce

Deadlines for final adoption at May 2-3, 2018 State Board meeting (Peninsula College)

BAS Statement of Need:

 February 15, 2017– Statement of Need due to SBCTC staff for May board meeting consideration.

 March 17, 2018 – colleges receive SBCTC feedback for revisions.

 April 4 (or earlier), 2018 – Statement of Need placed on 30-day review after college revisions and SBCTC staff final review.

 May 2-3, 2018 – Statement of Need presentation at State Board meeting for consideration (30-Day Review completed and any concerns addressed prior to this meeting).

BAS Program Proposal:

 March 1, 2018 – Program Proposal due to SBCTC staff within 12 months of SBCTC receiving the Statement of Need.

 April 14, 2018 – Program Proposal reviewed by committee of peers (if applicable) on or before this date.

 May 2-3, 2018 – Program Proposal presentation at State Board meeting for Board action**

Joyce D. Hammer, Ph.D.
Director of Transfer Education
P.O. Box 42495
1300 Quince Street SE