[BLC] BAS Contacts at the BIs

Joyce Hammer jhammer at sbctc.edu
Mon Mar 12 14:49:47 PDT 2018

Good Afternoon! Please note that as you move forward with any BAS degrees including Statement of Needs or Proposals, and you are contacting a four-year public baccalaureate institution (for collaboration conversations and/or faculty external review), please make sure that the contact in the attached list is included in any correspondence. The public BIs just want to make sure that communication about our degrees is flowing among their various departments.

Based on the names on this list with whom I work on the Joint Transfer Council and the Inter-institutional Committee for Academic Program Planning (ICAPP), it may also be to our benefit to include them as they are more aware of the differences between the applied baccalaureate degrees and non-applied degrees and have taken part in numerous conversations around the history of the community and technical colleges' authority to offer BAS degrees in general.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Joyce

Joyce D. Hammer, Ph.D.
Director of Transfer Education