[BFET] Gift Card Procedures?

Biros, Demetra Demetra.Biros at lwtech.edu
Thu Dec 5 11:03:49 PST 2019

Hi Jennifer,

Thanks for the offer to provide training.  Yes, we would like additional training on how BFET providers are able to offer/leverage funding for transportation and other PR services. As a college that has only provided/leveraged books/supplies and testing fees, we would like to learn how other colleges do this, especially in light of the new Emergency grant.  For example, what if we are using WRT to pay for transportation or the foundation is providing a “gift card” for purchase of hygiene products or the student is awarded the Emergency grant to pay for utilities?  Other than paying a third party directly, we would like to learn how we can leverage these resources for our BFET students.

Thank you.

Demetra Biros
Director of Workforce Development
Lake Washington Institute of Technology