[BFET] [UCE] BFET Provider Meeting: NEW Process

Jennifer Dellinger jdellinger at sbctc.edu
Mon Dec 2 12:47:59 PST 2019

Good Afternoon BFET Team,

If you recall in the September DSHS Provider Meeting, DSHS announced they will be conducting in person Provider Meetings for FFY20. December 9th will be the first one. They have split the state up into five regions and will travel to each of the five regions every quarter and conduct in person Provider Meetings. Regional Map is attached. CBOs and Colleges in each of the regions are encourage to participate in their regions' in person meeting. We do understand (and have let DSHS know) this is a last minute notification and many may not be able to attend on such short notice. The SBCTC will prioritize scheduling to make sure we have someone available for each meeting; once all meetings have been held, we will provide a report out of information to the listserve for those that are unable to attend.

Region 2 meeting will be held at Everett Community College. Below is the room information. Host/locations for the other regions are still to be determined and as soon as DSHS identifies them we will forward them out to the listserve.

Region 2 Meeting:
Everett Community College:
Jackson Center, Room 101 - Campus Map Attached
Parking - There is event parking for attendees

If you have any questions or concerns please reach out to me directly. I will do my best to assist and/or get information from DSHS.

Respectfully,

[Compass]Jennifer Dellinger
Program Administrator
Email: jdellinger at sbctc.edu<mailto:jdellinger at sbctc.edu> ∙ Office: 360.704.3925

Electronic Privacy Notice:  This e-mail, and any attachments, contains information that is, or may be, covered by electronic communications privacy laws, and is also confidential and proprietary in nature. If you are not the intended recipient, please be advised that you are legally prohibited from retaining, using, copying, distributing, or otherwise disclosing this information in any manner. Instead, please reply to the sender that you have received this communication in error, and then immediately delete it. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
________________________________

Good Morning,

[cid:image003.jpg at 01D5A909.C65C1160]BIG ANNOUNCEMENT!

You asked and we have listened... We will be conducting our quarterly meetings in your area!

Over the past couple of years we have been conducting the quarterly meetings as a WebEx, however if you have been on the calls, you are well aware of the challenges it caused. It was often hard to hear, had background interruptions and the technology caused additional issues.  After some coordinating and planning our policy team determined we want to come out and see you. This will give you better access to the entire BFET team and us better access to you and the amazing work you do for the BFET program.

We have scheduled the first quarterly meetings for the week of December 9th and we look forward to meeting with you. The regional breakdown can be found on the attached BFET Regional Map.  The dates/times/counties of the meetings in your region are as follows:

·         Region 1:  December 9, 2:00 - 5:00pm/ Thurston County

·         Region 2:  December 9, 8:30 - 11:30am/ Snohomish County (Everett)

·         Region 3:  December 12, 8:30 - 11:30am/ Yakima County

·         Region 4:  December 12, 2:00 - 5:00pm/ Chelan County (Wenatchee)

·         Region 5:  December 11, 9:00 - 12:00pm/ Spokane County

We will send another email shortly with the location for each of the regional meetings.  Please share with appropriate staff.

Thank you for your valued partnership!

Best,
Shavana Howard| BASIC FOOD EMPLOYMENT AND TRAINING ADMINISTRATOR|Office of Programs & Policy
Community Service Division| Economic Services Administration
Office: 360-725-4338
Cell:  360-764-6177
Shavana.howard at dshs.wa.gov<mailto:Shavana.howard at dshs.wa.gov>
Transforming Lives