[BFET] SBCTC BFET Updates

Jennifer Dellinger jdellinger at sbctc.edu
Wed Dec 12 09:30:24 PST 2018

Good Morning BFET Team,

The following are important updates to operations and policies:

Billing/Invoicing:

  *   Colleges now have 40 days for billing/invoicing. November billing is due January 10th. Attached is the updated billing deadlines for FFY19. The SBCTC Guidelines, OBIS, OGMS will be updated to reflect this change.
  *   DSHS has 15 days to processes tuition billing rosters, please ensure timely submission to DSHS.
  *   Make sure back-up processes are in place for billing/invoicing and funding surveys.
  *   Local processes for billing/invoicing need to be in your policy and procedure manuals.

Quarterly BFET/WF Meetings:

  *   30 mins will be dedicated to an eJAS Q&A session with someone from DSHS BFET Operations Team.
  *   BFET/WF would like to highlight community engagement within our state - If you are doing something in collaboration with your local partners/agencies/CBOs to increase access to resources for low-income populations please let us know.

Participant Reimbursements:

  *   The SBCTC has developed a series of clarifications in alignment with the colleges operations. The clarifications were submitted to DSHS with an additional request for DSHS and SBCTC to provide the colleges with a joint communication of these clarifications. We will continue to update you as we know anything.
  *   It has been brought to our attention that there is no longer an "other" option on the participant reimbursement form in eJAS. For those of you that award parking this is creating an issue. We have forwarded this to DSHS, as soon as we have a response we will update the system via the BFET listserve.

Quarterly Exit Reports:

  *   These are no longer required.
  *   The SBCTC has asked for a formal memo from DSHS to share out.

In follow-up to the DSHS Provider meeting on December 6, DSHS communicated the confirmation of a BFET fiscal meeting on Dec 19th. Part of our role at the SBCTC is to ensure information is disseminated to our system as it applies to the operations of our program. After reviewing with SBCTC policy and fiscal staff, we believe that the DSHS BFET fiscal meetings would not be of benefit to your fiscal operations because they apply to the operations of CBOs. Should any information be shared during the meeting that pertains to our process or yours we will communicate it out via our BFET listserve.

Thank you,

[Compass]Jennifer Dellinger
Program Administrator
Email: jdellinger at sbctc.edu<mailto:jdellinger at sbctc.edu> ∙ Office: 360.704.3925

Electronic Privacy Notice:  This e-mail, and any attachments, contains information that is, or may be, covered by electronic communications privacy laws, and is also confidential and proprietary in nature. If you are not the intended recipient, please be advised that you are legally prohibited from retaining, using, copying, distributing, or otherwise disclosing this information in any manner. Instead, please reply to the sender that you have received this communication in error, and then immediately delete it. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.