[ATcoord] New Software Purchases...after March 31st.

Casile, Lori lcasile at spscc.edu
Sat Feb 18 19:10:30 PST 2017

Except that it’s not just WA state – it’s federal – and it’s not just higher ed.  But, you’re right, the vendors do not get it yet.

____________________________________
Lori Casile
Chief Information Officer
South Puget Sound Community College
(360) 596-5353
(360) 970-4052 (M)

From: ATcoord <atcoord-bounces at lists.ctc.edu<mailto:atcoord-bounces at lists.ctc.edu>> on behalf of "Rovner, Amy" <arovner at shoreline.edu<mailto:arovner at shoreline.edu>>
Date: Saturday, February 18, 2017 at 7:08 PM
To: Rosalie Madison <rmadison at everettcc.edu<mailto:rmadison at everettcc.edu>>, "atcoord at lists.ctc.edu<mailto:atcoord at lists.ctc.edu>" <atcoord at lists.ctc.edu<mailto:atcoord at lists.ctc.edu>>
Subject: Re: [ATcoord] New Software Purchases...after March 31st.

Hi Rosalie,

I guess my first question back is "what do you need this tech to do for you" and then dig deeper to find out if this one is truly the  "only tech" that will truly meet their needs.  If that's the case, then I'd ask them to call the vendor back, explain that WA state policy does not allow for purchase of non-compliant tech and that your institution will not be able to purchase it unless there is a VPAT in place with plans added to make it compliant in the future. You can also add that no one in WA state will be able to purchase it either.

Honestly any vendor with products for education is going to have to address accessibility very soon.

You can also call upon the collective power of this group to help "educate" vendors on what our state needs are.

Good luck to you!

Best,
Amy