[Abawdnavigators] FW: Free chatbot for FAFSA completion!

Kathi Medcalf kmedcalf at sbctc.edu
Wed May 6 09:43:11 PDT 2020

Hello,

Please see the following email sent by Kristi Wellington Baker, SBCTC Student Success Center Director.

Hope you can direct students to use this resource to assist in completing FAFSA. Please note at this time the resource does not support the WAFSA.

Stay well,

Kathi

[Title: SBCTC logo - Description: Compass]Kathi Medcalf, M.S.Ed
Program Administrator: ABAWD, Workforce Education
1300 Quince Street SE | PO Box 42495 | Olympia, WA 98504-2495
P: (360) 704-1838     E: kmedcalf at sbctc.edu<mailto:kmedcalf at sbctc.edu>
                      Pronouns: She/Her

All,
Exciting news in the world of technology supporting our students….
In partnership with JFF and the College Board, The Benefits Data Trust has developed a chatbot to support students’ in completing their FAFSA.  While there are gaps in this support structure (namely it does not support the WAFSA), hopefully this can be leveraged to pivot resources to support WAFSA completion, resulting in a broader strategy that supports all of our communities.  The chatbot is now live, and students can go here for information on how to sign up: www.getfafsahelp.org/CB2020<http://www.getfafsahelp.org/CB2020>.
Best,
Kwb

“I did then what I knew how to do. Now that I know better, I do better.”
― Maya Angelou

Kristi Wellington-Baker | Student Success Center Director
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
1300 Quince St SE | PO Box 42495
Olympia, WA 98504-2495
p: 360.704.1022 | c: 509.301.8466 | kwellingtonbaker at sbctc.edu<mailto:kwellingtonbaker at sbctc.edu>