[Abawdnavigators] Good News and other Updates.

Kathi Medcalf kmedcalf at sbctc.edu
Mon Mar 16 16:20:43 PDT 2020

Hello All,

I am hoping you are all adjusting to our new normal.  DSHS has just notified me, and it is on the DSHS ABAWD website: www.dshs.wa.gov/abawd<http://www.dshs.wa.gov/abawd> DSHS will  be granting Good Cause to mandatory ABAWDS in King County.  What that means is that ABAWDS in King County will  be able to keep their SNAP benefits if they are unable to meet the work requirements during these trying times.  This doesn't mean they are exempt it means that if they are unable to continue what they have been doing to meet the requirements they will not lose their benefits. Please check this website on a regular basis for any updates from DSHS.

Manual Update:  I have been working on the manual and we are still getting clarification on a few items and rather than send out the manual and then have to make changes, I have decided to delay sending the manual until we have everything.  I am still anticipating that to be this week.

Stay safe and let me know if you have any questions or if there is anything I can do for you.

Kathi

[Title: SBCTC logo - Description: Compass]Kathi Medcalf, M.S.Ed
Program Administrator: ABAWD, Workforce Education
1300 Quince Street SE | PO Box 42495 | Olympia, WA 98504-2495
P: (360) 704-1838     E: kmedcalf at sbctc.edu<mailto:kmedcalf at sbctc.edu>
                      Pronouns: She/Her