[Abawdnavigators] Yesterday's meeting and follow-up

Kathi Medcalf kmedcalf at sbctc.edu
Tue Feb 11 09:44:12 PST 2020

Hi All,

Here is the ABAWD portion of yesterdays meeting.  The full PowerPoint and recording link will be released when the captioning is finished.

Please send potential Workfare site numbers and counties to me as soon as possible as DSHS is looking for numbers.

Please save the date February 21, 10-11:30 AM as a possible time for a just ABAWD meeting for questions and follow-up. It will be a casual meeting for you to ask questions and for me to give any updates I have.

I want to apologize for some frustration that came through in my voice yesterday in regards to the waivers and counties.  This is something I need to work on and I appreciate the person who called it to my attention.

  *   The slide said:

Waivers list published.
*       https://www.dshs.wa.gov/esa-1
*       What this means:
*       3 colleges in completely waived areas.
*       All others either no waivers or partial waivers.
*       ABAWDS will still be referred even though in waived counties.

What I meant by the highlighted comment was that all other colleges either have no counties that are waived or some waived and not waived counties(partial) in their service area. Counties cannot have partial waivers, unless there is a tribal residence area in the county. The tribal residence area may be waived in a non-waived county separately.  I can now see how the word partial was confusing.

I will be out of the office Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday morning next week.  I will have limited access to emails during this time so if you need anything from me before then, let me know.

I have been getting emails from Navigators telling me about the great work that is happening.  I appreciate all of you as you help the students and community members in your area access resources important to their basic needs.  Keep up the great work.

Thanks,

Kathi

[Title: SBCTC logo - Description: Compass]Kathi Medcalf, M.S.Ed
Program Administrator: ABAWD, Workforce Education
1300 Quince Street SE | PO Box 42495 | Olympia, WA 98504-2495
P: (360) 704-1838     E: kmedcalf at sbctc.edu<mailto:kmedcalf at sbctc.edu>
                      Pronouns: She/Her