[Abawdnavigators] Update about referral

Sybil Sanchez ssanchez at btc.edu
Fri Sep 27 11:35:53 PDT 2019

Update:

I have NOT met with this individual yet. A co-worker put the appointment on my schedule for October 1st to be safe.

When I called to confirm the appointment, this individual informed me that they recently reported a change of circumstance to DSHS in the past couple of weeks (her son turned 18 weeks ago) and that now that she is classified as a single adult without dependents and no longer receiving child support, that the person interviewing them informed them that "the laws are changing soon," that they are classified as "an ABAWD" and they were told "this was one route I could take."

So this particular ABAWD was proactive and stated she wanted to get a jump start on things and looked up the laws. She also happens to want to go the BFET College route so this particular referral will be an easy first one to learn from.

Best,
Sybil Sanchez, MSW

[cid:image003.jpg at 01D57527.B76AC5E0]Sybil Sanchez, MSW (She/Her/Hers)
Able-Bodied Adults without Dependents (ABAWD) Navigator
Bellingham Technical College<http://www.btc.edu/>
3028 Lindbergh Ave. | Bellingham, WA 98225
P: 360.752.8438 | F: 360.752.7238
Connectedness * Professionalism * Integrity

Providing student-centered, high-quality professional technical
Education for today's needs and tomorrow's opportunities.