[Wsssc] Commission Feedback for Diagnosis Code Proposal

Hayden, Ruby Ruby.Hayden at lwtech.edu
Fri Sep 15 07:22:44 PDT 2023

Hello Commission Members,

As your Data Governance Committee (DGC) Representative, I am bringing you a proposal, Diagnosis Codes (attached).

The problem this proposed solution solves is the current disability configuration doesn't protect student confidentiality, codes can be viewed and overwritten by other colleges within the system, and changes in one pillar (CS) carry over to another (HCM).

The attached proposal provides eight recommendations to ensure student confidentiality while meeting the needs of reporting requirements and ensuring support services for students.

The proposal was developed by the state Disability Support Service Council<https://www.sbctc.edu/colleges-staff/commissions-councils/dssc/> along with various state and commission representatives.

Please reply back to me your feedback, if any, and I will communicate it to the DGC.
Please submit your feedback to me by Friday, September 29th

Regards,

Ruby.

Please note: My working hours may not match your working hours. Please prioritize work/life balance and only reply to this email during your working hours.

Ruby Hayden, Ph.D.
Vice President of Student Services
My pronouns: she/her

Lake Washington Institute of Technology
Student Services  |  West 213C
11605 132nd Avenue NE  |  Kirkland, WA 98034
T: (425) 739-8208  |  ruby.hayden at lwtech.edu<mailto:ruby.hayden at lwtech.edu>
www.LWTech.edu<http://www.lwtech.edu/>  |  facebook.com/theLWTech

<signature>

--end of email template