[Wsssc] FW: [EXTERNAL*]-Proposed Change to bylaws

Claire Peinado Claire.Peinado at skagit.edu
Fri Oct 13 07:27:29 PDT 2023

Good morning,

Thanks to Ruby Hayden for drafting an amendment to our WSSSC bylaws, per our conversation yesterday, which adds an acknowledgment of our professional development (mentoring program) obligations, as well as an expectation that we will review our Councils' workplans annually.

Please review the proposed amendment below in preparation for a vote at today's meeting.

See you shortly!
Claire

Claire E. Peinado, PhD
Vice President for Student Services
Skagit Valley College
p: (360) 416-7961
appt: (360) 416-2564
pronouns: she, her
President, Washington State Student Services Commission (WSSSC)

https://www.sbctc.edu/resources/documents/colleges-staff/commissions-councils/wsssc/bylaws-wsssc-2017.pdf

Motion to approve a change to the WSSSC bylaws including:

  1.  Add a New Article IV and rename the current Article IV as Article V

  *   Article IV - Professional Development of WSSSC Members

  1.  Onboarding for New WSSSC Members

  1.  WSSSC Executive Board, in collaboration with SBCTC, will provide an annual onboarding session to new WSSSC members.
  2.  WSSSC Executive Board will match new WSSSC members with an experienced WSSSC member for a year long mentoring experience.

  1.  Professional Development at Quarterly Meetings

  1.  WSSSC Executive Board, in collaboration with SBCTC, will plan quarterly WSSSC meetings that include hot topics, guest speakers, and/or agenda topics that meet the professional needs of its diverse members.

  1.  Amend Section 4, subsection B.I by adding section d and e.

d. Provide annual feedback related to councils' workplan.

e. Solicit annual feedback form the councils on the WSSSC workplan

  1.  Amend section 2 - Council Membership to remove CWPC and CESC

Ruby.

Please note: My working hours may not match your working hours. Please prioritize work/life balance and only reply to this email during your working hours.

Ruby Hayden, Ph.D.
Vice President of Student Services
My pronouns: she/her

Lake Washington Institute of Technology
Student Services  |  West 213C
11605 132nd Avenue NE  |  Kirkland, WA 98034
T: (425) 739-8208  |  ruby.hayden at lwtech.edu<mailto:ruby.hayden at lwtech.edu>
www.LWTech.edu<http://www.lwtech.edu/>  |  facebook.com/theLWTech

This email is not from a Skagit Valley College email address. As such, the SVC IT Department cannot ensure its safety. Please use proper judgement and caution when opening attachments, clicking on links, or responding to this email..