[Wsssc] Update: Free/Reduced-Price Meal Pilot Program

Lauren Hibbs lhibbs at sbctc.edu
Mon Jul 31 17:43:39 PDT 2023

Hello and good evening,

I am excited to share that the SBCTC received an outstanding number of applications for the Free/Reduced-Price Meal Pilot Program. The applications submitted have provided a robust and comprehensive look at both local and systemic need and vary in the diversity of approaches.

This afternoon the review committee came together for review and recommendations. The committee has identified several applications that strongly meet the criteria and were unable to make recommendations for only four CTCs today.

Previously, the SBCTC announced our goal was to notify the CTCs selected by today, July 31st. The committee has requested additional time to review and evaluate the top applications against the selection criteria.  The committee has a plan for further review and solidifying recommended CTCs this week.

The SBCTC anticipates final announcement of the selected CTCS no later than this Friday, August 4th.

We appreciate your understanding and patience.

Kindly,

[cid:image003.jpg at 01D9C3D5.EA75F670]Jennifer Dellinger
Policy Associate, Student Services
Student Support Programs
WA State Board for Community & Technical Colleges
jdellinger at sbctc.edu<mailto:jdellinger at sbctc.edu> / 360.704.4339
sbctc.edu<https://www.sbctc.edu/> • Twitter: @SBCTCWashington<https://twitter.com/SBCTCWashington> • Facebook: @WASBCTC<https://www.facebook.com/wasbctc/>

SBCTC Vision:

“Leading with racial equity, our colleges maximize student potential and transform lives within a culture of belonging that advances racial, social, and economic justice in service to our diverse communities.”