[Wsssc] BEdA enrollment

Orchard, Sue sorchard at lcc.ctc.edu
Mon Jul 31 15:40:56 PDT 2023

Hi colleagues-

I hope folks are enjoying a great summer! Mine started off with a “snap” as we spent the first two weeks in France, “crack(le)” down to catch up, and then a “pop” when I broke my ankle playing pickleball ☹. No surgery (just a stylish boot) and it could have been much worse (e.g. broken ankle before France!).

Now that I hopefully have your sympathy, can I ask about your colleges’ BEdA enrollment? LCC appears to be the only college down (and significantly down) in BEdA enrollment. Specifically, I’d love to talk with folks about:

  *   Have you done anything different post pandemic to engage, enroll, retain your BEdA students?
  *   What’s your structure for BEdA? Does it report solely through instruction? Does student services have an active role? Are you engaging students through similar mechanisms as you do all students (outreach, onboarding, advising, retention)?
  *   Does anyone have a model or practices that you think are effective?

I’d love to chat with folks who are willing to share! Please reach out (call, email).

Thanks!
Sue

Sue Orchard, PsyD
Vice President of Student Services