[Wsssc] Weekly WSSSC Hot Topics Resuming on September 7th

Lauren Hibbs lhibbs at sbctc.edu
Mon Aug 28 11:09:49 PDT 2023

Dear VPSS Team,

We're excited to announce that our weekly WSSSC Hot Topics sessions will resume on Thursday, September 7th, from 8-9am via zoom<https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87127562927?pwd=VDM2Ukl0M2lEUUxwMEV0RE53UlBUZz09>. We typically see between 7-15 VPSS at these sessions, depending on the time of year.

Sessions provide a valuable opportunity for our community to come together, address important issues, and share knowledge. These sessions will remain informal and completely optional.  Below includes a current list of submitted topics for next week's session. If other topics arise, feel free to email me and I will maintain a running list.

Submitted Topics for Thursday, September 7, 8:00-9:00am<https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87127562927?pwd=VDM2Ukl0M2lEUUxwMEV0RE53UlBUZz09>

Welcome to new WSSSC members

Information about campus safety and security audits. (Graydon S.)

  *   Washington State Criminal Justice Training Commission<https://cjtc.wa.gov/> (WSCJTC)
  *   the Washington Association of Sheriffs and Police Chiefs<https://www.waspc.org/> (WASPC)

DSSC concern for allocation of funds (Brendon T.)

Basic Need Navigator Cohort feedback (Lauren/via Jennifer D.)

FAFSA Simplification - coming Dec 2023

Looking forward to seeing many of you and hearing some fun summer stories!
[Compass]
Lauren Hibbs, Ed.D
lhibbs at sbctc.edu* o: 360-704-4334 *

"Leading with racial equity, our colleges maximize student potential and transform lives within a culture of belonging that advances racial, social, and economic justice in service to our diverse communities."