[Wsssc] Agenda for call tomorrow & spring meeting follow up

Gilmore English, Jessica jgilmoreenglish at RTC.edu
Wed Jun 10 17:58:37 PDT 2020

Hello Commission,

On the Friday of our spring meeting, we spent considerable time in deep discussion about the work plan. We had about half of the commission in attendance so I recognize several folks were not available to be a part of the discussion. I'm writing to catch you up with plans moving forward. We will have more structured time to engage with the work plan over the next academic year during and in-between meetings. Leading up to the spring meeting, I had asked VP's to let me know what goal they wanted to be a part of. As noted then, the idea is you will remain on that goal for 2020-2021 to promote continuity. I've attached who identified with which goal (I left peoples zoom names to help Lexi do break out rooms - ignore that :)). If you still need to select a goal, please let me know which one.

I will be reaching out tomorrow to the VP's who volunteered to convene the work plan committees with some additional messaging. Members, please anticipate that in advance of our summer meeting, you will meet with the committee to complete specific tasks.

Also, last week the WACTC Equity Committee provided recommendations to Ed Services for follow up with WSSSC. These recommendations will influence our work plan. The Equity Committee affirmed the work of the policy audits that took place last year (recall Rosie updating us on these policy audits which occurred for financial aid, undocumented students, and transitional studies). Joe plans to share during his report out on this.

Items for tomorrow's call:

*      Joe will do SBCTC update solo, touching on CARES Act, Equity Audit recommendations, HB 2513

*      Current topic on our listserv re: Black student accommodations requests

*      We can add to this list

Thanks,
Jess

Jessica Gilmore English
Vice President of Student Services

425-235-2463
jgilmoreenglish at rtc.edu<mailto:jgilmoreenglish at rtc.edu> | rtc.edu<https://twitter.com/rentontech>
Pronouns: she, her, hers

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D5B978.C10545E0]<https://www.rtc.edu/>
3000 NE 4thSt., Renton WA 98506
Students Succeed at RTC.
[cid:image002.png at 01D5B978.C10545E0]<https://www.facebook.com/rentontechnicalcollege>[cid:image003.png at 01D5B978.C10545E0]<https://twitter.com/rentontech>[cid:image004.png at 01D5B978.C10545E0]<https://www.youtube.com/rentontechnicalcollege>[cid:image005.png at 01D5B978.C10545E0]<https://www.linkedin.com/company/renton-technical-college>[cid:image006.png at 01D5B978.C10545E0]<https://instagram.com/rentontechnicalcollege/>