[Wsssc] NYTimes: Betsy DeVos Reverses Obama-era Policy on Campus Sexual Assault Investigations

Joe Holliday jholliday at sbctc.edu
Fri Sep 22 10:39:10 PDT 2017

FYI below. I'm on a multi-agency call today at 11:30 with Senator Murray's staff on this. Let me know what your concerns are, if any. It looks like you can choose to keep the preponderance of evidence standard for now.

Joe Holliday
SBCTC

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/22/us/devos-colleges-sex-assault.html?smprod=nytcore-ipad&smid=nytcore-ipad-share

The Education Department said colleges may use a higher standard of evidence before finding an accused student responsible, which could make it harder to prove claims.

Sent from my iPad