[Wsssc] I got a problem, can you relate?

Dave Paul Dave.Paul at skagit.edu
Sun Sep 17 17:10:42 PDT 2017

Hi Glen,
I feel your pain.

We required it for all ATA degrees last year (we had strong evidence that it raised retention rates).

For 17-18, we required it as a degree requirement for all DTA degrees that were not already above 90 credits in required coursework-our Financial Aid office warned us of the issues you have raised, and we managed to institute it as a degree requirement.

We'll spend this year working to institute it as a degree requirement for the remaining DTA degrees.

We only exempt students who transfer in 30 or more college credits.

Hope to you see you next month!
Dave

David M. Paul, Ph.D.
Vice President for Student Services
Skagit Valley College
2405 East College Way   Mount Vernon WA, 98273
(360) 416-7738