[Wctcca] Fall Training - Updated Information!!!

Jennifer Houge wctccapres at gmail.com
Tue Oct 3 09:17:09 PDT 2023

Hi All,

Just wanted to give you all an update about our virtual Fall Ethics
Training later this month. We are working on getting a registration form
available to you as well as a Venmo or PayPal account to pay virtually.
This should happen early next week. In the meantime, you are able to
complete the membership form which can be found here:
https://www.wctcca.org/membership-application

The cost for the training will be $100 for WCTCCA Members (membership dues
are $45) and $150 for non-members.

Again, here is the information about the training which is scheduled from
9:00 to 3:30 on October 27, 2023 and includes 6 CEs:

*Workshop Description*

In this 6 hour continuing education workshop, we will focus on professional
law & ethics topics relevant to clinicians working in educational
settings.  The following topics will be discussed:

• Sources of Law and Ethics Standards

• Confidentiality & Privilege

• Basics of HIPAA & FERPA

• Identifying the Client

• Dual Relationships

• Mandatory Reporting & Client Lethality

• Clinical Use of New Technology

*Presenter Bio*

Eric Ström is an attorney and Licensed Mental Health Counselor in Seattle,
Washington. As an attorney, Eric provides legal counsel, consultation, and
guidance to mental health professionals. Eric’s clinical practice is
focused on providing counseling services to combat veterans and those in
other high-stress professions.  Eric currently serves on the American
Mental Health Counselors Association Ethics Committee, and is the ethics
advisor for the Washington Mental Health Counselors Association.  Eric has
taught a range of courses in counseling and professional ethics at a
variety of graduate and undergraduate programs.

Eric earned a PhD in Counseling at Oregon State University, graduated cum
laude from Wayne State University School of Law in Detroit Michigan, earned
a Master of Arts Degree in Counseling Psychology from the Northwest School
of Professional Psychology at Argosy University Seattle, attended the Hague
Academy of International Law in the Hague Netherlands, and received a
Bachelor of Arts degree in Linguistics from the University of Michigan.

We are sorry for the delayed information. We will notify you when the
virtual forms and payment options are available.

We hope to see you all there! Please share this information with colleagues!

Thank you,

Jennifer (She/Her/Hers)
*Jennifer Houge, MS LMHC*
*WCTCCA **President*

*360-261-8601*
*wctccapres at gmail.com <wctccapres at gmail.com>*

*"My religion is simple.  My religion is kindness." - Dalai Lama*