[wactclc-alma] [EXTERNAL] - Re: Patron expiration dates

Isaac Devereux sdevereux at shoreline.edu
Tue Jan 9 08:52:07 PST 2024

Hi All,

Late to the party here because I was out on FMLA, but at Shoreline students are usually set to expire at the end of the term in Alma. We will generally go ahead and renew them and their items, or check out new items if they tell us they are registered for the next quarter. I think previously we asked for proof of registration, but now we only do this for things like laptops.  I haven't regularly worked at Circ in a while, though, and things have been wonky since our ransomware incident last spring.

You can set a due date as the last date of the quarter, but you have to remember to go in and update the end of term date that all of those TOUs reference in the calendar every term.

regards,
sj

Saint-Jean Devereux
Library Technical Services