[wactclc-alma] Alma Overdue and Lost Notices

Isaac Devereux sdevereux at shoreline.edu
Fri Oct 20 11:59:18 PDT 2023

Thanks, Kirsti!

Yes, this is a big help!

regards,
sj

Saint-Jean Devereux
Library Technical Services

Shoreline Community College
library.shoreline.edu  |  206.546.6962
Pronouns: he, him / they, them

I welcome VSRE emails. More at http://vsre.info<http://vsre.info/>

________________________________
From: wactclc-alma <wactclc-alma-bounces at lists.ctc.edu> on behalf of Thomas, Kirsti <Kirsti.Thomas at seattlecolleges.edu>
Sent: Tuesday, October 17, 2023 6:05 PM
To: WACTCLC Alma Discussion <wactclc-alma at lists.ctc.edu>
Subject: Re: [wactclc-alma] Alma Overdue and Lost Notices

[ CAUTION: This email originated from outside Shoreline Community College. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe. ]

If an overdue or lost item has been returned & checked in, then the loan is closed. Alma won’t send out any notices for a closed loan.

Alma will send out notices for an *active* loan based on loan details that exist *at the time the notice job runs*.

Does that make sense?

What you might want to do is turn the Lost profile(s) back on first.  That will update the Loan status to Lost on a bunch of items & send out Lost notices only.

Once the loan status for something is Lost, then the rules about sending out *overdue* notices no longer apply.

If you turn the Lost profile back on first, the patron will only get a Lost notice. They won’t get any overdue notices.

That might be a simple way to reduce the number of notices patrons receive when you turn everything back on.

Another option would be to turn your overdue and lost loan profiles back on one-at-a-time over several days. Maybe turn on one profile, wait a few days, then turn on another profile… repeat until everything is turned back on.

As for changing who the notices go out to—you can absolutely edit the User Group field in an existing profile.

To make a notice go out to everyone, no matter which user group, the User Group field should be blank.

You can make changes to an inactive profile.

Remember to select “Status Update” after making changes, even if the profile is turned off. If the profile is inactive, selecting “Status Update” just means the changes will take effect once you finally make the profile active again.

Does this help at all?

It will be ok!

Kirsti S. Thomas (Hear my first name<http://namedrop.io/kirstithomas>)

Library Technical Services Manager & Systems Librarian

Seattle Colleges

kirsti.thomas at seattlecolleges.edu