[wactclc-alma] IPEDS eresource counts reminder!

Thomas, Kirsti Kirsti.Thomas at seattlecolleges.edu
Wed Jun 28 12:25:27 PDT 2023

Not use stats (COUNTER, SUSHI),  title counts!

From the Reporting Digital/Electronic Collections section of (last year's) FAQ<https://surveys.nces.ed.gov/ipeds/public/survey-materials/faq?faqid=17>:

  *   Report each title owned or leased by the library if individual titles are cataloged and/or searchable through the library catalog or discovery system.
  *   Electronic journals are included in the collection count
  *   Report titles if the media if it is owned or leased by the library, if the titles are cataloged and/or searchable through the library catalog or discovery system.
  *   Count all formats as one title. For example, count an e-book title that is available via epub, PDF, or Kindle formats as one title.
  *   OA titles may be included if the individual titles are searchable through the library's catalog or discovery system. Do NOT count titles from HathiTrust, Center for Research Libraries, Internet Archive, and similar collections unless the library owns the digitized item and it is accessible under current copyright law.

Basically, it's impossible for an Alma Analytics report to tell you in January/February what portfolio titles were active on/around June 30.  So do the Alma Analytics report for title counts now, export the results into Excel, and save them someplace (that you'll remember) to look at in January/February!

It will be ok!

Kirsti S. Thomas (Hear my first name<namedrop.io/kirstithomas>)
Library Technical Services Manager & Systems Librarian
Seattle Colleges
kirsti.thomas at seattlecolleges.edu