[wactclc-alma] [EXTERNAL] - Patron expiration dates

Thomas, Kirsti Kirsti.Thomas at seattlecolleges.edu
Wed Dec 6 12:15:34 PST 2023

Seattle Colleges sets expiration dates for students at Day 11 of the following quarter.

For example, a student registered for classes in Fall 2023 has an expiration date of 01/13/2024.

We do this because upwards of 25% of our students don't register for classes until the first week of the quarter. These are also the students who tend to be the heaviest users of our Reserves textbooks.

If we set student expiration dates for the end of the quarter, then students who need to use Reserve textbooks the first week of the quarter may be blocked from doing that.

Day 10 is our cut-off date for registration. We set the expiration date at Day 11 to account for the 1-day lag between ctcLink and Alma.

This does mean that our loan periods extend into breaks between quarters but we feel the trade-off is worth it.

It will be ok!

Kirsti S. Thomas (Hear my first name<http://namedrop.io/kirstithomas>)
Library Technical Services Manager & Systems Librarian
Seattle Colleges
kirsti.thomas at seattlecolleges.edu