[Wactclc-alma] Films on Demand linking - help!

Abby Koehler AKoehler at whatcom.edu
Wed Apr 19 14:54:50 PDT 2023

We are having that problem, also! For the second time - we had a holdover CDI collection that was just giving a login page instead of behaving properly like the 'real and good' records were. Since last February, at least.

I put in a ticket (case 06725854) - they said last time that "Checking the question today, I believe that the issue was resolved after republishing in full to CDI. When I search today for cdi_infobase_filmsondemand_203121, it doesn't show as having full-text, in your Primo."

But then the problem showed up again this week, so I did another case (06675036 ) and here's what they said today: "The third result on the Primo page is for cdi_infobase_filmsondemand_138011. An analysis of the CDI Rights can be seen here: https://www.screencast.com/t/bJPKeiQ5pE.
It shows that the CDI results are seen thanks to "Films On Demand Master Academic Video Package". This is Electronic Collection ID 6159403680002827. If you do not wish results from CDI to show up, you can edit this Electronic Collection, and in the CDI tab, decide as follows:

1) If you find that results show up for portfolios that you do not own, select: "We subscribe to only some titles in this collection".

2) If you simply do not wish to see CDI results because the portfolios are good enough, select: " Do not show as Full Text available in CDI even if active in Alma".

So I tried to do #2, but the records are still showing. My thought is because that's the collection's CDI that's bad and not the portfolio itself. The rep said it could take up to 3 days, although I don't know if she did a republish again today.

abby koehler
she/her/hers
Faculty Systems Librarian
Whatcom Community College