[Wactclc-alma] PubMed Central collection has PubMed.gov portfolios

Abby Koehler AKoehler at whatcom.edu
Tue Oct 11 13:52:37 PDT 2022

Hi all,
I've noticed a couple of times that a full-text service link<https://sbctc-whatcomctc.primo.exlibrisgroup.com/permalink/01STATEWA_WHATCC/149pgju/cdi_pubmedcentral_primary_oai_pubmedcentral_nih_gov_3357214> from a CDI record goes out to what says will be a PubMed Central article<https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3357214/> but actually goes instead to PubMed.gov citation/ abstract<https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/22517736/>.

I tested access to the Diabetes Care portfolio in the Electronic Collection of PubMed Central, and that same thing happens, it goes to PubMed.gov, so it's not just the one article.

Am I missing something, or need to change something, or do some maintenance somewhere? I'm fairly certain this is not the only portfolio this happens with, it's just the one I found today. It's not a local collection, so maybe I should report it?

Thanks for any thoughts, hope you all are having a good week!
abby

abby koehler

she/her/hers

Systems Librarian