[Wactclc-alma] [EXTERNAL*]- Gale resources not resolving?

Elena Bianco Elena.Bianco at skagit.edu
Tue May 3 13:41:25 PDT 2022

HI Abby:

I'm so sorry to hear that. We had a similar problem and it had to do with our locally-hosted ezproxy server not communicating with Gale. It happened after our IT department started shoring up the college firewall, and it went on for months, was never resolved through multiple calls between our IT department, Gale and OCLC technical help. Wade even joined in the conversation at point, to no avail. It only happened with off-campus access. On-campus access was fine.

Our work-around temporarily was to enable the SSL option for Gale, but that required a lot of work reminding people that they had to Log in with Microsoft if they were faculty and Log in with Google if they were students.

This was the last straw that made us decide to take the leap and migrate to hosted EZProxy. Now the only problem we're having is getting faculty to change the links they've been using for a million years.

So, maybe it's worth a call to your IT department to see if they've been working on the firewall?

Elena Bianco

Systems & Technical Services Librarian

Skagit Valley College Library