[Wactclc-alma] [EXTERNAL*]-Re: [EXT] ctcLink and hosted EZproxy

Skirko, Tria TSkirko at wvc.edu
Fri Jan 21 11:16:57 PST 2022

We switched from local hosting to hosted ezproxy in January of 2021.  We had already switched over to CTClink (Spring 2020 I think, it’s hard to remember…).  But we are on both CTC and hosted ezproxy today 😊

When we switched we did change to Azure authentication, but I think that had more to do with technology making the change than either CTC or OCLC.  It does mean our students have a separate “WVC network id” and “CTC/canvas id”, which is confusing for everyone.

I’m happy to share anything about the process, the implementation team from OCLC was great, and our switch was much less expensive than Elena is quoting, but I’m sure that is b/c WVC is much smaller in FTEs.

Tria

Please use my booking calendar<https://outlook.office365.com/owa/calendar/TriaSkirkoBookWithMe@wvc.edu/bookings/> for a scheduled appointment, or reach out and we’ll find a good time to zoom/email/call.

WVC Libraries support our students and college efforts with in-person services and online resources, more information can be found at the library website<https://commons.wvc.edu/library/mainpage/Home.aspx>, or contact us by email<mailto:%20library at wvc.edu> or virtual assistance<https://wvc.edu/it/virtual-assistance.html>.