[Wactclc-alma] Image link not appearing when put in 856

Bryant, Lauren lbryant at shoreline.edu
Thu Apr 28 17:12:02 PDT 2022

Elena,

I recently had this exact conversation with Springshare and their terms of use does not allow us to use their image hosting outside of LibApps. I was surprised since I had never really noticed this, but here's what they told me:

Hi Lauren,

Good question! That message you see, when copying the link for the Image URL is "Below is the URL of your selected image - please remember that images in your Image Library may only be used within the LibApps platform."

Therefore, I'm afraid the use of images outside the LibApps/Springy platforms is not allowed. :/

For more help with images, please see the training session: Best Practices for Images

I hope that helps clear things up!

Best,

Simone

Are we allowed to upload images to the Image Manager within LibGuides and use those hosted images elsewhere on the website that does not include the LibGuide pages?

For example can we also use these hosted images in our Primo/Alma records? Thank you for clarifying!

Lauren V. Bryant, MLIS BA
Usability & Web Librarian
Ray Howard Library
Make an appointment with me<https://shoreline.libcal.com/appointments/lauren>